Pimp My Hundred Bucks - Part Nine

This week I get to enjoy the disagreeable experience of blogging on the iPad... They're great toys and everything, but trying to type a lengthy blog on one makes you want to chop vegetables on it.

So please bear with me... Or is it bare? I can never figure that one out...

You might notice, if you've been following this series, that it is in fact 1 a.m. Thursday morning here in Hobbit Land (New Zealand is abuzz with Hobbit madness at present, it doesn't help that I work in the cinema industry either!) Which is unusual, for up to this stage I've been super consistent with spewing these updates out on Monday like clockwork vomit...

But alas this week I rather dropped the proverbial ball, which then proceeded to deflate rapidly on the end of a sharp spike.

In many ways real life caught up with me, as things at work got busy, family life tumbled along and my sleep betrayed me. Today I developed a croaky throat that would make even Vin Diesal jealous due to a synthesis of Hay Fever and some sort of throaty bug thing...

When Monday came I was reminded of a pencil case I owned in High School. It came from some kind of Japanese novelty shop, you know the sort that sold tamagotchis and stuffed smily kittens. On the pencil case were the words - Stop Sometimes. For years I mistook it for either bad English or good Engrish... But on Monday it made sense...

I stopped.

On Monday night I threw myself into three and a half hours of Star Trek Enterprise and then beddibyes.

I did the same on Tuesday night, and let the couch enjoy the experience of a comatose human being squashing it's cushions.

And now, after an evening with the new James Bond movie, the only reason I'm awake is thanks to a brutal flat white from burger king to ensure I survived the trip home...

So here I am, tired but well rested, having given my brain and body a break I can finally come back and pick up the reigns of this donkey of a task...

All of the above is rubbish of course. The real reason I didn't do this on Monday is because I didn't have a computer and I couldn't be cauliflowered enough to type on this fandangled touch screen....

I was beginning to give up today, having made no sales at all since Monday... But then a good chap came along and bought 5 books at the Buy It Now price...

So here's how the last nine days have gone, sparing you the titles of the books for once because there's 16 to talk of... (and to type)

I sold $72 worth of books!

This now takes me up to $226.85!! Only $273.15 to go until I've reached my goal...

I also now have 201 books in stock, 28 of which are still yet to be listed because of my recent bout of cantbebotheredness.

This is way better than I had been expecting and I am glad to have lost some sleep in the discovery of this!

However some of my plans have been thwarted this week... I had been hoping to have published my first two ebooks by now, which was the secret thing I mentioned last week... I told you it was up my sleeve... Turns out I wasn't wearing sleeves. No computer means no ebooks!

The books were going to be Pimp My Twenty Bucks compiled into one volume, and also a children's story I had written and illustrated. The idea was that hopefully they would contribute to this enterprise and help propel me to $500 quicker... Nevertheless, I haven't given up! Watch this space...

I've also decided on another tactic... My YouTube channel has been generating some cents since I started posting the days and the lives of my kittens. I've decided to count my adsense revenue toward the $500 if, and only if, my earnings can generate the $100 necessary for Google to send me a cheque.

So that's why my blogsite has had a few strange YouTube postings lately. Ultimately I plan to make a Pimp My Twenty Bucks vlog, but time seems to be the only thing I can't renovate, leaving that dream swimming in the piranha paddling pool for now...

My earnings for adsense for this month are currently at $1.45... So maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before their eggs have even been laid...

Anyway, prattling is the demise of a man still awake at two a.m.

I had best push off...

Until next time...


Click Here to read this series from the beginning!

Click Here if you would like to follow my progress on Facebook!

Click Here to read this series from the beginning!

Click Here to read my awesome last series, Pimp My Twenty Bucks

Click Here to view my Trademe Listings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calamari and Me

Pimp My Hundred Bucks - Part Twenty Three

How to Turn $20 into $100 in Ten Easy Steps (Or at least how I managed to do it)